An individual claiming to the be 'the NY bomber' announced on a blog that they had bombed Manhattan in response to 'LGBTQ+ oppression' and that more bombs would follow.
Is this the Manhattan bomber's manifesto? NYPD investigating blog that claims the explosion was carried out by an anti-Trump GAY RIGHTS activist in revenge for 'LGBTQ oppression' and warns there are MORE attacks to come
- A blog said explosion was 'lashing out' against 'oppression'
- 'I am not going to live in a country where it is OK to have a misogynist, xenophobic, racist, Islamophobic, Republican candidate running for President of The United States!' the post said
- 'This isn't the end. This is just the beginning,' it said. 'I will be remembered. I will make a difference. I will eliminate my targets before it is too late'
- The blog also encouraged LGBTQ+ people to give out 'violence and possibly oppression'
- Shortly after the first blast, a caller told 911 more explosions would follow
- Investigators are 'vetting' the blog, but if it is true the bomber chose a poor location - Chelsea has the highest gay population in New York
Published: 13:08 EST, 18 September 2016 | Updated: 15:52 EST, 18 September 2016