Tuesday, April 21, 2015

Lost phone deals blow to Metallica album


Doah!

 Metallica are dealing with a major setback after guitarist Kirk Hammett lost a phone containing the bulk of his ideas for their new album.
The rockers are currently working on a follow-up to their hit 2008 record Death Magnetic.
Hammett has revealed he misplaced his mobile phone which contained around 250 song concepts.
He has told The Jasta Show podcast he was devastated.
"I put riffs on my iPhone, but something very unfortunate happened to me about six months ago. I lost my iPhone (containing) 250 musical ideas. And I was crushed. It didn't get backed up ... I was bummed out for about two or three days ... I just plain lost it. I can't find it. I'm still looking for it to this day," he said.
Merrick said he is still hoping the mobile might turn up.
"To try to remember those riffs...? I can only remember, like, eight of 'em. So I just chalked it down to maybe it just wasn't meant to be and I'll just move forward with it."
Hammett insists he will learn from his mistake and he urges other artists to back up their mobile phone data.
"I make sure the phone is f***ing backed up. All you musicians out there who use your phone, make sure it's backed up. Right?"

No comments:

Post a Comment